Bluetooth Low Energy (a.k.a Bluetooth LE, BTLE, Bluetooth Smart)
Bluetooth low energy (BLE) is a wireless technology standard for personal area networks. BLE is targeted for very low power devices, devices that can run on a coin cell battery for months or years. Typical applications that uses BLE are health care, fitness trackers, beacons, smart home, security, entertainment, proximity sensors, Industrial and automotive. BLE ecosystem is centered around Smart phones, tablets and PCs.
Developing BLE applications on mbed
- Getting Started with BLE on mbed
- Architecture of mbed BLE solution
- BLE services supported on mbed
- Managing Power on mbed BLE
- Firmware Over the Air (FOTA) Updates
- UART access over BLE
- mbed BLE Roadmap
Additional documentation specific to supported services is provided in the code section.
BLE supported hardware platforms on mbed
More Technical Information
- Bluetooth Low Energy on Wikipedia
- Bluetooth Smart (Low Energy) Technology
- The Low Energy Technology Behind Bluetooth Smart