X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2 Motion MEMS and Environmental Sensor
Motion MEMS and environmental sensor expansion board.
Firmware Library for X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2 (MEMS Inertial & Environmental Sensors) Expansion Board
Note: This board is compatible with mbed OS 5, an example is provided at the bottom of the page.
The X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2 is a motion MEMS and environmental sensor expansion board for the STM32 Nucleo.
It is equipped with Arduino UNO R3 connector layout, and is designed around the LSM6DSL 3D accelerometer and 3D gyroscope, the LSM303AGR 3D accelerometer and 3D magnetometer, the HTS221 humidity and temperature sensor and the LPS22HB pressure sensor.
The X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2 interfaces with the STM32 microcontroller via the I²C pin, and it is possible to change the default I²C port.
- LSM6DSL MEMS 3D accelerometer (±2/±4/±8/±16 g) and 3D gyroscope (±125/±245/±500/±1000/±2000 dps)
- LSM303AGR MEMS 3D accelerometer (±2/±4/±8/±16 g) and MEMS3D magnetometer (±50 gauss)
- LPS22HB MEMS pressure sensor, 260-1260 hPa absolute digital output barometer
- HTS221: capacitive digital relative humidity and temperature
- DIL24 socket for additional MEMS adapters and other sensors
- Free comprehensive development firmware library and example for all sensors compatible with STM32Cube firmware
- I²C sensor hub features on LSM6DSL available
- Compatible with STM32 Nucleo boards
- Equipped with Arduino UNO R3 connector
- RoHS compliant
Further information and ordering
X-Nucleo-IKS01A2 can be purchased directly from ST web site.
The page provides additional documents like a user manual, a quick start guide, schematics, gerber files and bill of materials.
Additional SW and tools are also provided.
Getting Started Video
The following programs provide more complex examples of how to use the X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2 expansion board featuring support for LSM6DSL Accelerometer hardware events.
Example of 6D orientation recognition for LSM6DSL in X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2
Example of single tap and double tap detection for LSM6DSL in X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2
mbedOS 5.x Example
Mbed client example for X-NUCLEO-IKS01Ax provides an example of usage of the expansion board with mbedOS 5.x.
The application is derived from the official mbedOS client example and has been tested using a X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2 or a X-NUCLEO-IKS01A1 motion and environmental sensors expansion board connected to a ST NUCLEO-F429ZI platform.