Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723), the world's number one supplier of microcontrollers, is a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions including microcontrollers, SoC solutions and a broad range of analog and power devices.
Table of Contents
In this method, you will need a license of IAR Embedded Workbench for compilation.
In this page, "IAR Embedded Workbench" will be called "EWARM".
Install Windows serial driver¶
Install latest Windows Serial Port Driver to setup CMSIS-DAP from the link below:
Download IAR Embedded Workbench (EWARM)¶
Download EWARM, and install.
Build of EWARM environment¶
Exporting to EWARM¶
- Goto Mbed compiler.
- Update your Mbed library to recent version (rev.116 or later).
- Right click at the program you want to export.
- Select "Export Program"
- Select "Renesas GR-PEACH" for Export Target
Select "IAR" for Export Toolchain
- Expand zip file.
- Launch EWARM.
- Select the [File] menu -> [Open] -> [Workspace].
- Select .eww file in the expanded directory.
- Select the [Project] menu -> [Make]
e.g.) The folder structure when making the work folder "C:\Workspase". Export project is mbed_blinky. C: +-- Workspace +-- mbed_blinky | .hgignore | GettingStarted.htm | main.cpp | mbed_blinky.dep | mbed_blinky.ewd | mbed_blinky.ewp | mbed_blinky.ewt | mbed_blinky.eww +-- .hg +-- Build | Exe <- When clicking [Build Project], ".bin" and ".out" file will be created here. | List | Obj +-- mbed
The way to debug¶
Change debug configuration¶
__You need to follow this section. In future, this will not be needed.__
- Right-click the [Workspace] view and select [optioins]
- Select [CMSIS-DAP] in the [Debugger] in the [Runtime Checking] in the [Category].
- Select [Setup] tab and change [Reset] setting to "Software".
- Then, Click [OK]
- Connect USB cable
- Copy ".bin" file to Mbed drive
- Reconnect USB cable
- Select the [Project] menu -> [Debug without downloading].