Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723), the world's number one supplier of microcontrollers, is a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions including microcontrollers, SoC solutions and a broad range of analog and power devices.
Table of Contents
You usually do not need to update the firmware of CMSIS-DAP. CMSIS-DAP is debugging function done by NXP device on the Mbed board(GR-LYCHEE) and the firmware is downloaded into it. So, it's different from RZ/A1LU software(firmware).
How to Update the firmware for GR-LYCHEE¶
Download a firmware from the following URL.
- Current version
- This firmware is written in the current GR-LYCHEE rev.C.
- To update the firmware on a device by attaching USB while hold Reset button.
- Connect GR-LYCHEE to PC
Please connect USB cable between GR-LYCHEE and PC while hold Reset button.
- After the connection, it will appear as a disk called "CRP DISABLED".
- Open the "CRP DISABLED" disk folder and delete the Firmware.bin. (Please check the following Note.)
- Copy the downloaded file to this drive. (Please check the following Note.)
For Mac user: please check the following URL instead of step 3 and 4.
: Refer here
5. Disconnect between GR-LYCHEE and PC after copy is finished.
6. Reconnect GR-LYCHEE and PC.
7. When USB disk appears as "mbed", firmware update is finished.