Known issues and troubleshooting
Help us develop Mbed Studio by reporting issues to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To help us reproduce and fix the reported issue, please attach the Mbed Studio log files to your report:
- From the Help menu, select Report an Issue. This opens the Report an issue or provide feedback dialog box.
- Click Access Log. This opens the folder that contains the Mbed Studio log files.
- Attach the
mbed-studio.log.1files to your email.
Mbed Studio has the following known issues:
- Some users have reported licensing issues for Arm Compiler 6. These issues may be related to the system clock and region format.
- Trying to use Mbed Studio with Arm Compiler 6 on a remote desktop raises the FlexNet licensing error -103, because Arm Compiler 6 is not licensed for use in Remote Desktop setups. If you need to work in a Remote Desktop setup, please use GCC instead of Arm Compiler 6.
- Build output wraps on Windows.
- Windows installer does not show the individual files or tools as they are installed, causing the progress bar to jump.
- On Linux, there is a limit on the number of files that can be watched in the workspace. Please follow the instructions on the Visual Studio documentation site to increase the limit.
- On Linux, source control management requires the
libcurl4package to work correctly.
- On macOS, if using the installer, you must uninstall the existing version of Mbed Studio before installing a new version.
- On Windows, the installation may fail if Windows system restart is pending.
Can't log into Mbed Studio
Please make sure that your Mbed account credentials are correct. If you are working behind a proxy, you may need additional setup.
Compilation not working on Remote Desktop
Switch Mbed Studio to GCC, instead of Arm Compiler 6.
Connected development board not found
- Update the board's firmware to the latest version:
- ST development boards on Windows require additional drivers. You can install them through the Mbed Studio installation, or download them from ST's site.
Development board not showing serial data
- Try to disconnect and connect the board.
- Check that no other program is accessing the serial data on the board; the device can only connect to one serial monitor at a time.
- On Linux, make sure that the current user belongs to the
dialoutgroup by running the command:
sudo adduser "$USER" dialout.
Linker failing with "file not found" for Mbed OS 15.4.0 and older
Mbed OS 15.4.0 and older does not support spaces in program names - the linker fails with "file not found". Change your program name and try compiling again.