Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723), the world's number one supplier of microcontrollers, is a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions including microcontrollers, SoC solutions and a broad range of analog and power devices.
You are viewing an older revision! See the latest version
Table of Contents
You usually do not need to update the firmware of CMSIS-DAP. CMSIS-DAP is debugging function done by NXP device on the Mbed board(GR-PEACH) and the firmware is downloaded into it. So, it's different from RZ/A1H software(firmware).
How to Update the firmware for GR-PEACH¶
Download a firmware from the following URL.
- Latest version
- To update the firmware on a device by attaching USB while hold Reset button.
- old version
- Support drag-and-drop writing on OS X Yosemite.
- Support the binary files of size larger than 512 kilobytes.
- Current version
- This firmware is written in the current GR-PEACH rev.C.
- Connect GR-PEACH to PC
Please make a short-circuit at JP2 when you connect USB cable between GR-PEACH and PC.
- After the connection, it will appear as a disk called "CRP DISABLED".
If "mbed" appears, the short-circuit of JP2 doesn't succeed.
In this case, please re-try the previous item.
When GR-PEACH connected as "CRP DISABLED", JP2 can be opened during firmware updating.
- Open the "CRP DISABLED" disk folder and delete the Firmware.bin. (Please check the following Note.)
- Copy the downloaded file to this drive. (Please check the following Note.)
For Mac user: please check the following URL instead of step 3 and 4.
: Refer here
5. Disconnect between GR-PEACH and PC after copy is finished.
6. Reconnect GR-PEACH and PC.
7. When USB disk appears as "mbed", firmware update is finished.