MBED supply

01 Oct 2010

I am starting to use MBEDs for embedded systems courses at Heriot Watt University.  We now have a small motherboard with the usual facilities but with screw terminal access to all signals and on-board a couple of H-bridge driver chips.  We have bought about 35 MBED units and recently placed an order with Farnell for another 20 units (LPC1768).  Received a note that the delivery date will be the end of December - 3 months from now!!!!!

Is there a significant supply problem?

Jim

01 Oct 2010

My guess is NXP reserved most of the supply for the challenge.

01 Oct 2010

Hi Jim, Igor,

Yes, we have stock in our warehouse! We've been making them extra fast to keep up, but we're on top of it.

However, with Farnell there seems to be a plumbing problem somewhere in the process between our warehouse and your door that is stopping stock getting through, so we're investigating that now.

Whilst some other suppliers are occasionally going out of stock, that is more because they don't have the order history yet that guides the automated purchasing. That means the re-orders are not getting triggered in time; hopefully this should settle down soon.

We'll keep working with these guys to make sure you can get your hands on one whenever you need it.

Simon

25 Oct 2010

Simon,

Have you been able to resolve the supply issue with Farnell?  We are having difficulty in getting info from Farnell about delivery of our order for 20 units.

Thanks

Jim

25 Oct 2010 . Edited: 25 Oct 2010

Digi-Key and Future Electronics have plenty of them.

Leon

25 Oct 2010

Hi Jim,

Yes, I think the kink has been located and I've been told it is being sorted! Hopefully they are back in stock soon.

Simon