Rohm SensorShield series| Arduino-Compatible Multi Sensor Evaluation Kit
The SensorShield series (EVK-001, EVK-002 and EVK-003) evaluation kit consists of an open-source expansion board (shield) with multiple sensors developed by the ROHM Group.
An example program for Rohm SensorShield-EVK-001 running with Mbed OS 5.
Support page : https://www.rohm.com/sensor-shield-support
This sensor shield is tested on Mbed OS 5 with following Sensor drivers. it provides general I2C channel to communicate between platform and each sensor having a unique slave address. Voltage jumper setting is 3.3V in the area 1 above. Sensor's datasheets are pointed with respective URL links below.
- BM1383AGLV: Pressure/Temperature sensor - Placed to the area 4 (I2C)
- BM1422AGMV: 3 axis magnetic sensor - Placed to the area 4 (I2C)
- KX224-1053: 3 axis accelerometer - Placed to the area 4 (I2C)
- BH1790GLC: Optical sensor for heart rate monitor - Placed to the area 4 (I2C)
- RPR-0521RS: Light & Proximity Sensor - Placed to the area 4 (I2C)
- BH1749NUC: Color Sensor - Placed to the area 4 (I2C)
- BD1020HFV: Temperature Sensor - Placed to the area 2 (Analog)
Pinout of Sensors
1. Since BH1790GLC requires mA order current consumption for LED, It can only work alone on following boards, not share I2C Interface of the shield with any other sensors.
2. Please use A0 pin with this shield for BD1020HFV on both K64F and K66F. A2 pin is disabled for AnalogIn.
Drivers updated for Mbed OS 5
Optical pulse wave sensor BH1790GLC driver. The original code contributed by Hideki Tanaka.
Platform HAL for rohm sensor drivers. Used for abstracting Arduino/mbed os/mbed classic.
You need to log in to post a discussion