4DGL screen class ?

07 Jan 2010

Hello,

Has anyone written some class to manage à 4DGL graphic controller for those little fancy TFT screens from Australia (and ready to share ;-) ? If not I can see what will be my frist attenpt to create some real class stuff in the long path to learning C++ !

12 Jul 2010

Hi Stephane,

Did you have any luck with this?

12 Jul 2010

Hello,

No, I developped my own class. It works well but the serial interface is quite slow for advanced graphics.Yet, I am now using it as default screen for all my testing as there is room for dysplaying a lot of data. It was also an interesting exercice to develop a class (but I am sure my code is far from good).

Cheers

13 Jul 2010

Hi,

That sounds good. Any chance you could share your class? ;-)

Cheers

16 Jul 2010

Sure,

Let me clean it up a bit, I will try to post it Sunday.

Cheers,

18 Jul 2010 . Edited: 18 Jul 2010

Hello,

I have published my test program for the library I am writing : http://mbed.org/users/Kerpower/programs/4DGLtest

This demo will use most graphic, text and touch functions supported by the 4DGL device. I have not ported all functions yet, but this lib will enable to do many things.

I will modify the class to inherit from stream rather than basic serail in order to be able to use printf function.

I hop this helps !

Stéphane

PS : I had a tought time with the compiler today. It did know want to compile the program because of unknown errors on lines in the main file that didi not exist (like "error XXX in line 110" in a 86 lines long program...)

19 Jul 2010

nice work on the 4dgl screen class!

19 Jul 2010

Many thanks for this Stephane, great work!

I will have a play with it later in the week

Cheers

Martin

07 Sep 2010

Hello Stephane,

I just noticed your recent library - looks interesting. I got my mbed a few days ago, and have started porting a library for the 4D Systems uOLED-160-G1. I started with the code for an Arduino library written by Oscar Gonzalez from BricoGeek, with a little help from here.

My library inherits from Stream, and printf() is working. I still need to fully test some of the graphics commands and tidy up the code before publishing.

Steven

08 Sep 2010

Good !

That was my fisrt class, so there are some things to change like inheriting from stream to have printf.

I do find those screens very slow. Don't you ?

19 Sep 2010

Hi Guys,

I have been playing with the screen. They are slow if you stream serial data to them, but if you store the data on SD card then use that they are awesome!

I have had pictures and video with sound displayed on them with a few bugs!

Stephane, your class was great - many thanks for your work.

When I tidy up my code a bit I will post a notebook page on it and try to add a bit of functionality to the class when used with an SD card.

Cheers

Martin

19 Sep 2010

Hi Martin, Stephane,

Feel free to start a cookbook page around this screen; will be a good place to collect together info around it.

Simon

16 Oct 2010

Simon

I would like to comment the lib in order to display it the way you do. I looked trought the doc for commenting but there are too many parameters. Could you give us the few basic comment functions supported by the mbed website ?

Thanks

16 Oct 2010

Hi Stephane,

Just put something up for you which I hope helps:

Please feel free to enhance it as you go through the process, as you'll probably spot what isn't obvious better than me!

Simon

16 Oct 2010

As another point, it is best to link to the library page which itself has a link to import in to the compiler (as well as view the libs/docs, move to latest version), rather publishing a launch link to the compiler. i.e.

Use:

http://mbed.org/users/Kerpower/libraries/4DGL/lecqmd

not:

http://mbed.org/compiler/?import=http://mbed.org/users/Kerpower/libraries/4DGL/lecqmd&mode=lib

In the next version of the forum/notebooks, you'll also get all the wiki macro features allowing you to pull in the code/library apis etc, so it'll be more natural anyway.