LPCmini USB

05 Jun 2011

Anyone solved the problem with the LPCmini USB port? For me it is useless without this feature. I never received an answer about the bug.

06 Jun 2011

What was the problem?

06 Jun 2011

I used a LPCmini board on a Cool Components DEV Board to test the possibility of storing Data on a USB STICK. None of mine several USB Sticks were detected. It seems that the USB PORT does not work at all. Any suggestion ?

06 Jun 2011

Have you tried the real mbed on the cool components DEV board to confirm which board appears to be the issue? I have a cool components breakout board but wouldnt be able to test anything for a while. Surely someone else has confirmed it either works or doesnt and can reply.

Can you post some code or a link to what you are using for source code for testing? Maybe a "helloworld" or something that doesnt work.

06 Jun 2011

I am using the CC DEV board (Version 2) with a real mbed board. and i have successfully tested the MSCUSBHOST prog with all kinds of USB Sticks. A simple "helloworld" works on the LPCmini. I have even tried some more difficult software on it. All that works it is only the USB port which is creating headache. Maybe a big bug ?

07 Jun 2011

voy ager wrote:

I used a LPCmini board on a Cool Components DEV Board to test the possibility of storing Data on a USB STICK. None of mine several USB Sticks were detected. It seems that the USB PORT does not work at all. Any suggestion ?

Have you an Oscilloscope? Can you check/compare the output of the LPCMini vs the Mbed D+/D- pins?

08 Jun 2011

Hi Voy Ager,

Just to confirm, you are using LPCmini (not the original mbed) and using Igor's original USB MCSFileSystem code, and finding that you can't access USB flash sticks.

If this is the case, you might be interested in a slightly modified version of Igors MSC File System library I published. the modification is small, unverified, but seems to have worked so far.

My revised library is at :

http://mbed.org/users/chris/libraries/MSCFileSystem/ls4sbj

It is discussed in more detail in this thread (the last few posts):

http://mbed.org/forum/mbed/topic/2355/

Hope that helps!

Regards, Chris