We are pleased to announce the Mbed OS 5.13.1 release is now available. This is the latest patch release based on the feature set that Mbed OS 5.13 introduces.
In this release we have added target support for: MTB ublox ODIN W2 and NUCLEO-F413ZH.
- Introduced a watchdog API to detect system malfunctions and reset the system to recover from them
- Introduced an API to detect the system reset reason to compliment the watchdog functionality
- Updated ST CUBE for the STM32F0 series to v1.9.0. This brings:
- Current ST Cube version in MBED to V1.7.0
- CMSIS part update from 2.3.1 to 2.3.3
- HAL part update from 1.5.0 to 1.7.0
- Replaced our BLE Nordic PAL client implementation. Issues in the GattClient logic have been fixed and previously missing GAT procedures have been implemented:
- Discover Primary Service by Service UUID
- Find Included Service
- Read Using Characteristic UUID
- Read Multiple Characteristics
- Queue Prepare Write
- Execute Write
- Added Flash support for STM32F0, STM32F1 and STM32F3 devices
- Enabled tickless mode on nRF52840
Important changes are:
- 10997 VSCode exporter now uses executables that are installed into the system PATH instead of absolute paths to the compiler executables.
- 10967 ESP8266 driver fix to work with older firmware version of ESP8266 module.
- 10938 K64F, STM32F429: IAR icf linker scripts modified to use dynamic heap allocation of all available memory.
- 10879 PSA Crypto APIs are now available on all Mbed OS targets.
- 10857 Watchdog API:
- Added new HAL API: `watchdog` and `reset_reason`
- Added new drivers: `ResetReason` and `Watchdog`
- 10824 STM32: pwmout_write: configure channel only when not already enabled
- 10794 LWIP DNS servers setting/getting fixed.
- 10776 UDPSOCKET_ECHOTEST_NONBLOCK performance improvement.
- 10757 Add support I2C 3 for target EFM32G11
- 10701 STM: replace C++ low power ticker wrapper with a low level wrapper to remove the latency limitation of the LP ticker wrapper.
- 10665 Add hardcoded Echo server defaults for Greentea socket tests.
- 10609 `wait_us` has been optimized for certain platforms - see `us_ticker_api.h` for the details of enabling optimizations on other targets. It can be optimized further if the option `target.init-us-ticker-at-boot` is enabled.
There are also a number of bug fixes and test enhancements.
For full details of this and previous releases, please visit our releases page.
You need to log in to post a discussion