Digi-Key, Freescale and ARM are hosting a European design contest to inspire developers to get creative with Freescale's FRDM development boards. If you have not already started developing with one of the FRDM boards, now is a great time to start. There are over ten boards to choose from within the FRDM family, but we would suggest using the FRDM-K64F, FRDM-KL05, FRDM-KL25Z, or the FRDM-KL46Z.
The first phase of the competition is a ‘Conceptual Design’ challenge, where you will need to design in block diagram format a feature set extension to implement your design. You will need to create your design on Digi-Key’s ‘Scheme-It’ to enter. Phase one submissions will be accepted through June 30, 2014. The winners will have a chance to win the following prizes:
- 1st place winner will receive an Apple iPad Air
- 2nd place an Apple iPad mini
- 3 honorable mentions will an Apple iPad touch
The second phase of the completion is the ‘Hardware and Software Design’ challenge, open from July 1 through October 10, 2014.Using PCB-it and mbed.org take your design bring it to life. It is not necessary to be a winner in phase one to be eligible to participate in phase two of the competition. Below are the prizes for
- 1st place prize for Best Hardware and Software submission is a Football Table valued at no more than (€1,500).
- 2nd place prize is a Jura Type Espresso Machine values at no more (€1,000)
- Honorable mention prize will be a bicycle valued at no more than (€750)
Now it’s time to get creative, check out the official contest page here.