Bluetooth Low Energy (a.k.a Bluetooth LE, BTLE, Bluetooth Smart)

Support for Texas Instrument's CC2560 BLE controller on HCI

16 Jan 2014

Hey Team, My company has designed a personal locator based on LPC ARM Cortex-M0 micro-controller platform. This platform has BLE support from Texas Instrument's CC2560 Bluetooth controller. I been working on it and the product is completed and started deployments in India. For CC2560 we are using StoneStreetOne's Bluetooth stack for Bluetooth and BLE. The stack is quite bulky and under company's IP, so we can't modify it as per requirement of low power device. So, in mbed are you guys planning to support BLE and associated Bluetooth stack? I will be happy to contribute to this team and share the hardware details. Hope it will assist you now and later on me to get robust solution based on mbed.

Thanks, Shrikrishna B

23 Jan 2014

Hi Shrikrishna,

The first part we are working on is the Nordic nRF51822, and our Bluetooth LE APIs in this case are implemented using Nordic's low level Bluetooth stack. As we work with Nordic and others to add future BT parts, we'll again be using the vendors recommended Bluetooth stack, so don't plan a "generic" low-level bluetooth stack at the moment.

Certainly would be interesting to learn from your design and design requirements, so perhaps when we put out the beta you could have a go and see which bits of the work could be made applicable to your setup, and any future developments that would make sense.

Simon