Mount SD through mbed?

08 Jan 2010

I wondered if anyone knows if it is possible to have an SD card connected to an mbed mounted on my PC along with the built in 2MB of mbed storage?  I was just curious because I have a device that is built around an NXP2368 that stores data on a micro sd card, but when you connect the usb cable between the device and the pc the micro sd card gets mounted.

I currently have my mbed writing to my micro sd card, but I don't like that I have to pull it out of the mbed connected to my computer and put it in another reader connected to my computer to get data on/off it.

Thanks,

Matthew

08 Jan 2010 . Edited: 08 Jan 2010

Hi Matthew,

Matthew Shoemaker wrote:
I wondered if anyone knows if it is possible to have an SD card connected to an mbed mounted on my PC along with the built in 2MB of mbed storage?  I was just curious because I have a device that is built around an NXP2368 that stores data on a micro sd card, but when you connect the usb cable between the device and the pc the micro sd card gets mounted

What you'd be looking to do is use the LPC1768 USB (rather than the mbed interface USB) to come up as a MSD, and then give access to an SD card like that. I haven't seen any code pop up for MSD on the LPC1768 mbed yet, but I think there are various appnotes on the NXP site, and if you have it on the 2368 you are most of the way there!

Simon

10 Jan 2010

Sorry for the confusion, but I have a product that I purchased that when connected to the computer mounts the SD as a MSD, so unfortunately I do not have the code for the LPC2368.

I did take a look around the NXP site, and I do see a few items about loading a different bootloader to allow it to show up as a MSD, which I am guessing I would need to do.  However I am not real sure how to proceed on that front.  It also looked like the code examples for this actually mounted the user code space in the chip as a MSD, so again unsure how to then present the SD as the memory space that gets mounted.

I think perhaps due to my limited knowledge on this I will have to leave it alone at the moment and just keep swaping the SD card around as needed.  That is unless anyone with a bit more knowledge wanted to take on the task and provide me some help!

Thanks,

Matthew

25 Oct 2011

Have you find a solution ? I searching for the same on mbed NXP LPC1768.

Thanks,

Vincent