Which Micro SD Cards Work?

20 Dec 2009

Hi,

I am about to buy some micro SD cards for use with my mbed. Can people tell me which ones work and which ones don't?

Thanks,

Paul

20 Dec 2009

My tests :

Sandisk 1GB is OK

Kingston 2GB is NOK

20 Dec 2009

Thanks Stephane,

I have ordered a couple of 1GB SanDisk cards from Amazon.

Mbed team: I think you need to revisit this topic and get some more makes/capacities of cards to work. 1GB micro SD cards are becoming like hens teeth!

Paul

20 Dec 2009 . Edited: 20 Dec 2009

Hi Paul, Stephane,

Paul Griffith wrote:
Mbed team: I think you need to revisit this topic and get some more makes/capacities of cards to work. 1GB micro SD cards are becoming like hens teeth!

I put up a test for SD cards a few days ago which should identify the types of card people have so we can get some more makes/capabilities to work. See:

When we've got some replies so we have a good selection of cards, we can get it working and validate it for a nice wide range...

Simon

21 Dec 2009

Hi Simon,

This is good news, thank you.

I trawled through Amazon, ebay and lots of other sites yesterday looking for micro SD cards. Cards below 1GB are very rare. There are a few 1GB cards about, but many are unbranded. 2GB cards seem quite common. 4GB cards and above are widely available but I think they are formatted as FAT32, so will they work with FATFileSystem?

BTW, I eventually found a Kingston 1GB micro SD card. It was on ebay, came bundled with a reader (which I didn't need) and the seller wanted £16 for it. No thanks!

Paul

22 Jan 2011

Guys,

The million dollar question is how do we make these 2GB cards work ?

Gerrit