Cannot call non-working ARM symbol...

20 Nov 2009 . Edited: 20 Nov 2009

Just received one of the new LPC1786 based mbeds and attempting to compile existing code with it results in a number of errors along the lines of:

" Cannot call non-interworking ARM symbol 'mbed::AnalogOut::AnalogOut(int, const char*)' in AnalogOut.o from THUMB code in Synth.o(.text) (EL6239E)" in file "/"

Is this related to my libraries still using the old (int based) pin format? And if so, would it be possible for the Olimex MobileLCD library to be updated the work with the new format?

20 Nov 2009

Have you update the mbed library?

It looks like you are using a version pre 13.

If you update you have to change your code a bit but its working with the LPC1768.

Cheers

Rolf

20 Nov 2009

Ah I thought that might be the case, unfortunately I can't update my code until one of the libraries I depend on is updated (the Olimex MobileLCD driver: http://mbed.org/projects/cookbook/svn/MobileLCD/tests/MobileLCD).

20 Nov 2009

Try the trunk: http://mbed.org/projects/cookbook/svn/MobileLCD/trunk ;-)

I have not compiled it but the source seemed to be updated to the new library version

20 Nov 2009

I believe that's actually a driver for a different Nokia 6610 clone (the one sold by Sparkfun as opposed to the Olimex (Epson driver based) one). Although upon futher testing it does appear that that driver does sort of work with my device (there's some corruption around the edges of the screen, but it's usable). So I should be able to at least switch to using that until the Olimex/Epson driver is updated.

Thanks,

Mike.

20 Nov 2009 . Edited: 20 Nov 2009

Use Import Files instead of Import Library (delete the library from the project first) and change all ints in the constructor to PinNames. I.e:

MobileLCD(PinName mosi, PinName miso, PinName clk, PinName cs, PinName rst);

It should compile after that.

Edit: and of course this is not necessary with the new URL posted by Rolf...

20 Nov 2009

Maybe your right, it looks like there are two different driver chips.

It might work better in the way Igor wants to fix it.