Nokia 6610 does not like the library update

22 Nov 2009

I dug my mbed out after months of inactivity (though I've been reading the forum) with the intention of trying out the SRF05 ultrasonic range finder using the trusty nokia 6610 as the output medium. However, I got a host of errors all associated with the Mobile LCD lib. I'm using the 6610 variant in MobileLCD/tests/MobileLCD which was written for it.

I went back to my original 6610 test program which worked compiled, loaded and worked using revision 105.  It told me there was a more recent version which I loaded (revision 183) which fails to compile with the same errors as the SRF05 program, making me think that there is something I don't know about. Is there something I should know about?

Pip

22 Nov 2009 . Edited: 22 Nov 2009

Hi Pip,

Can you point me at the MoblieLCD library you are using. I'd guess that hasn't been updated to work with the newer mbed libraries that support both the LPC1768 and LPC2368. Shouldn't be hard to do.

The main change we introduced a while back was to move pin names from just int's to using a PinName enum. e.g.

DigitalOut foo(5);  // Old pin format
DigitalOut foo(p5); // New pin format

In most cases, this simply means the constructors of libraries need to be updated to use PinName rather than int for pin definitions.

If you point me at the library, I'll show you how it can be updated by example...

Simon

22 Nov 2009

Well spotted, Igor, that's where it came from.

Pip

22 Nov 2009 . Edited: 22 Nov 2009

Ok, now updated. Click update on the LCD lib, and it'll bring in the new one.

Note, in your program you'll also have to update it to use the pN notation, e.g.

MobileLCD lcd(p5, p6, p7, p8, p9);

Tell me how you get on.

Simon

22 Nov 2009

Thanks, Simon.  Problem with the original test program sorted.  Now back to the SRF05!

Pip