Compile Without Downloading

24 Aug 2010

Is there a way to compile without downloading?  I just want to check my code for errors and continue working.

24 Aug 2010

I just compile and then click cancel on the the download dialog which FF displays, but maybe you have a different browser/settings.

24 Aug 2010

Hi !

Yes, Romilly, but i think like Sam, for example a simple button to just "compile" the code was a great feature in the compiler section.

Chris

24 Aug 2010

Safari will auto d/l.  Should be fairly easy to implement this into the compiler though.

01 Jun 2011

+1 for this feature. A test compile button would be nice, for error checking without downloading.

01 Jun 2011

I would prefer a compile per compilation unit, sometimes an error occurs in an included .h file but not for every *.cpp that includes the *.h file. The compiler only reports the offending file, not the compilation unit.

28 Sep 2012

+1 here too. Or instead, you could make the editor compile in the background and print syntax errors, then I wouldn't even have to click "compile".

-deleted-
01 Oct 2012

Hi all,

The functionality has been introduced against the current beta mode as "Compile Only" dropdown menu item of the "Compile" button.
At some point we might change the name to either "Build" or "Build Only" to distinguish it from the other dropdown menu items.

Also, in this beta release we have added new keyboard shortcuts, which we may announce in a blog post or wiki page.
The shortcuts related to code compile are:

• Ctrl+B for "Compile Only"
  • Ctrl+Shift+B for "Compile All"
  • Ctrl+D for "Compile (and Download)

For now, all available shortcuts (with brief description) can be reviewed in the Compiler by clicking the question sign (?) located at the very top-right in the Editor.

On a side note, we have increased the compiler output to 500 records just recently - again, this feature is against the current beta mode.

Any feedback/bug report is greatly appreciated!

Mihail

30 Sep 2012

Ah thanks, that does just what I want.