interfacing with USBD480 lcd controller

11 Mar 2010

Hey guys, I just got my mbed a week ago and I have been trying to get the USBD480 to interface with the mbed controller. I am entirely stuck and I am a noob at this so I do need help.

this is what the USBD480 is:

http://www.lcdinfo.com/products/usbd480-lq043.html

I have the psp screen attached to it as well as the touchscreen but I am trying to get it to work with the mbed. I have been hacking together a mini usb male to mini usb male cable (I am a bit confused, do I connect the +- data lines to their respective colors or do I switch them, white to green and green to white?). Any help is appreciated including the cabling and the programming of how to display images on the lcd through the mbed controller...thnkx

11 Mar 2010

If you want to use the USB interface, you will need to implement the USB Host on the mbed, which is not a trivial task. Are there no other interfaces available on the board?

11 Mar 2010

Thnkx. There are no other interfaces on the controller board...

14 Mar 2010

I have been looking at the USBHostLite example from the NXP website but I am unsure of how to use it. I found the USB host .h and .c file, but unsure of how to use the functions to accomplish my task...any help on these functions and general procedures will be helpful.

14 Mar 2010

USBHostLite supports only MSC (mass storage class) devices. You would need to change it to handle the device class of the display. For start, you could look at Host_EnumDev and MS_ParseConfiguration. Also you will likely need to read some books or articles on how USB works.

14 Mar 2010 . Edited: 14 Mar 2010

yeah...what about using the onboard usb thats being used to programm the mbed??? can that serve as a host or modified  to be as host if I hack together a cable thats mini usb male on both ends??? if only the libraries used were available...