Multiple MBED registration

24 Feb 2010

Hello Simon/MBED team:

Our group has purchased about 15 Mbeds over the past month.   Should I be 'registering them all'?   So far I have only done the first one I purchased.

24 Feb 2010

Depends on how you plan to use them. The online compiler only works if you have a registered device on your profile. I guess you could use one account to compile programs and then just copy the files to the other 14 units. But if other people want to use the compiler themselves, they'd have to register devices to their accounts.

24 Feb 2010

Hi Eli,

This has already been answered by Igor - but I'd just add that a board simply contains a key which allows you to create an account. Think of it as a signup or invitation code.

The board you used to sign up with isn't 'locked' to your account in any particular way other than you cannot then use that board to create another account.

Dan

24 Feb 2010

Once I've registered, can I delete mbed.htm?

24 Feb 2010 . Edited: 24 Feb 2010

No. As far as I know, you need that one to get to the site everytime. MBED.HTM verifies your MBED to the MBED site.

24 Feb 2010

Sam Pratt wrote:

Once I've registered, can I delete mbed.htm?

If you delete it, it will just be recreated on the next reset.

24 Feb 2010

Ah....didn't tried that before...

Was too scared to try something like that!

24 Feb 2010 . Edited: 24 Feb 2010

Yeah and the only time you really need it is when you first get your mbed, you can visit the site via www.mbed.org and login with your account it will work just the same as opening the html file :)

wouldn't be much fun if you had to have your mbed to code...