Attaching Files to Notebook Pages

18 Feb 2010

Hi Guys,

I want to attach a couple of files to my BoB3 Breakout Board notebook page so that other users can download them.

One file is a documentation pack (pdf), the other is the Eagle board files (zip).

How do I go about doing this?

Regards,

Paul

18 Feb 2010

Hi Paul,

We only support uploads of images right now, but we'll aim to add support for other types at the next website update. As a workaround for now, maybe you could host them elsewhere if you have a means and just link across.

Simon

18 Feb 2010

Hi Simon,

Understood. Unfortunately, I don't have a hosting means.

I have created a Google Mail account so that if users want the files they can email me and I will reply with the files as attachments. This can also double as my end of a private message facility.

I got a cool Google Mail address: paulg.mbed@googlemail.com. Perhaps other users could do likewise?

Paul

18 Feb 2010

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately, I don't have a hosting means.

If you don't have a means of hosting, you should try ChompMail! If you email Hugo @ Chompmail, he'll post your files up at a URL for you :) (Dan made this at one of our cambridge dev clubs!)

I have created a Google Mail account so that if users want the files they can email me and I will reply with the files as attachments. This can also double as my end of a private message facility.

This sounds like a feature request in disguise. Do you think some sort of "direct messaging" would be useful? Something like send user an email via a form on their profile page.

Simon

18 Feb 2010

Hi Simon,

If you don't have a means of hosting, you should try ChompMail! If you email Hugo @ Chompmail, he'll post your files up at a URL for you :) (Dan made this at one of our cambridge dev clubs!)

Thanks, I'll look into this.

This sounds like a feature request in disguise. Do you think some sort of "direct messaging" would be useful? Something like send user an email via a form on their profile page.

Yes I do. See my next forum posting. Your suggestion would be good. However, the Google mail approach has one big plus - it doesn't require any work from the mbed team! Why re-invent the wheel?

Paul

19 Nov 2010 . Edited: 19 Nov 2010

hey,

Check this Eagle library which is designed for mbed kit

mbed-lpc1768-eagle-lib