ROM-Based USB Device Drivers

21 Oct 2013

This is in continuation to my question, USB ROM Drivers on LPC11U24. I'm trying to get the ROM-based USB device drivers to work on the LPC11U2X/3X chips. FLASH space is a premium on the LPC11U24, and getting the ROM drivers to work would save several KB when compared with the USBDevice library. So far, I've extracted the USBD headers from LPCOpen v2.00a, and modified them slightly to play nicer with the mbed compiler. I've also attempted to port the Generic HID example code:

[Repository '/users/neilt6/code/USBD_ROM_HID_Generic/' not found]

Right now if you try to compile it you will get a grand total of 30 errors and 26 warnings, all from within the mbed library... Not exactly helpful info! At first I thought including mbed.h from within the USBD code might be the problem, but removing those lines didn't change anything.

23 Oct 2013

Solved a few of the problems. I found out extern "C" wasn't being used in the LPCOpen sources. Now just 4 errors and 2 warnings to go! Latest version is here:

[Repository '/users/neilt6/code/USBD_ROM_HID_Generic/' not found]

29 Nov 2013

Hey Neil, any updates with your USB ROM Drivers? I would be interested to use these too for the same reasons (limited resources using the software USBDevice).

30 Jan 2014

Robbie King wrote:

Hey Neil, any updates with your USB ROM Drivers? I would be interested to use these too for the same reasons (limited resources using the software USBDevice).

Sorry, no success. NXP seems bent on making the USB ROM drivers as obscure and poorly documented as possible. I've tried to get them up and running several times now, and have always ended up giving up on them.