AT45 on board

22 Dec 2009

I found an At45DB161 on my board. How can I acess it? It is not in the schematics.

22 Dec 2009

That is the flash used by the mbed interface. So if you've loaded a program you've already used it.

You can use it for you program using the LocalFileSystem class.

22 Dec 2009

Hi Fritz,

That's the FLASH memory used by the interface filesystem. We also added a way you can read/write files on it from your program; see:

http://mbed.org/handbook/LocalFileSystem

Simon

02 Mar 2010
Simon Ford wrote:
That's the FLASH memory used by the interface filesystem. We also added a way you can read/write files on it from your program; see: http://mbed.org/handbook/LocalFileSystem Simon

OK so I understant there is a 16 MB chip , How many coud we use to store data for the programme ? how many do we need to keep free to program the mbed ?

why not give the indication in the hand book ?

is it possible to do the same with an SD card or an i2c eeprom to get more room ? a 1GB file system would be nice for storage if it is possible to access it via the on board usb plug !

thank you

JF Pion

02 Mar 2010

pion jean françois wrote:
Simon Ford wrote:
That's the FLASH memory used by the interface filesystem. We also added a way you can read/write files on it from your program; see: http://mbed.org/handbook/LocalFileSystem Simon

OK so I understant there is a 16 MB chip , How many coud we use to store data for the programme ? how many do we need to keep free to program the mbed ?

why not give the indication in the hand book ?

is it possible to do the same with an SD card or an i2c eeprom to get more room ? a 1GB file system would be nice for storage if it is possible to access it via the on board usb plug !

thank you

JF Pion

There is a SD card project (and library) in the cookbook, look it up.

02 Mar 2010

Sean Tate wrote:
There is a SD card project (and library) in the cookbook, look it up.
I've seen it

but I would know if there is a way to see the sd card as a firtual disk via the usb port as th system file ?

thank you

02 Mar 2010

I dont think thats possible, you could use a MemoryCard reader but then you would have to switch back and forth.

02 Mar 2010

Vlad Cazan wrote:
I dont think thats possible, you could use a MemoryCard reader but then you would have to switch back and forth.
OK  too bad, could be a nice feature if somebody find a way ...  nevermind card reader exist on most computer anyway

but I still don't know the minimum size of memory I have to left to program the controleur

thank you

jf Pion

02 Mar 2010

but I still don't know the minimum size of memory I have to left to program the controleur

This mbed Microcontroller is based on a Cortex-M3 Core running at 100MHz, with 512KB FLASH, 64KB RAM and a load of interfaces including Ethernet, USB Device, CAN, SPI, I2C and other I/O.

You only have 512KB of flash so subtract your program size and thats the space left to work with :)

02 Mar 2010

Vlad Cazan wrote:

This mbed Microcontroller is based on a Cortex-M3 Core running at 100MHz, with 512KB FLASH, 64KB RAM and a load of interfaces including Ethernet, USB Device, CAN, SPI, I2C and other I/O.

You only have 512KB of flash so subtract your program size and thats the space left to work with :)

OK thank you. It will be enough room to store a few airplane model configuration !  I definitly wait the book the "C++ for the stupids" to be able to start. look like i'm the weakest link in the chain ;-)  I would like  basic to program but i don't think there is any hope ;-)