whooooa -whats happened

22 Jul 2011

Llooks like the Mbed compiler serverhas crashed. never seen that before. Whats up ?

22 Jul 2011

Confirmed, I get redirected to the homepage. I hope it comes back soon!

22 Jul 2011

Same here. This sucks as trying to meet deadlines!

22 Jul 2011

Hey who's in charge of this thing? Can someone please reboot the compiler server!!!

22 Jul 2011

Yeah, its just timing out for me too :(

22 Jul 2011

That was a matter of time... What about an offline option?

22 Jul 2011

Hi,

Looks like we had some issues with the compiler, obviously.

It's back up, and we're investigating what went wrong.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Dan

22 Jul 2011

Thanks! I was worried it would be down all weekend!

22 Jul 2011

I'll be keeping a close eye on things over the weekend.

We'll also try and improve the alerting/on-call procedures so this sort of thing is caught a lot faster. You can have as much alerting and monitoring as you like but if you're in a meeting without your phone, they're not going to help!

However, I do now have a fair idea of what went wrong and will take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

Dan

22 Jul 2011

The compiler seems to have changed a bit, I don't remember seeing the 'commit' and 'revisions' buttons before. Has it been updated as a result of the problem?

22 Jul 2011

Yes, it looks like the beta version is now live. I turned off the beta mode for my account and still see the new compiler. I also no longer see the option to re-enter beta mode on the home page.

22 Jul 2011

Hi,

Yes, the compiler has been updated to a new version. It wasn't however done to fix the problem nor did it directly cause the compiler issue.

We'll blog in detail about the new features early next week, but hopefully the main change (version control) should feel reasonably intuitive to use. :)

Dan