SD Card Test and Lineup

14 Dec 2009

Hi,

I just updated SDCards! with a new SDCardTest hack to print out which version of the SD card spec a card supports.

If anyone has an SD card to hand they can test, please have a go at running it and report back with a photo of the card and the terminal output so we can build up a bit of a cross section of cards. Wiring can be found in main.cpp.

I'll then look at updating the SDFileSystem code to get it to work with all these cards, and we can properly test it on a nice range and hopefully get good confidence it'll work on many more!

Thanks!
Simon

14 Dec 2009

Here are mine btw:

• Kingston 1GB SD - Version 2.x
  • Sandisk 256MB SD - Version 1.x
  • Sandisk 2GB SD - Version 2.x + This disk tastes funny - I only like 512 byte
  • Kingston 2GB SD - Version 2.x + This disk tastes funny - I only like 512 byte
  • Hama 128MB SD - Version 1.x
  • Transcend 512MB MMC - Version 1.x + Timeout waiting for card

Simon

31 Dec 2009

Newer SD Card code to test which should get more cards working:

SDCards!

Please try it on your cards, and post the results here. Then I can see if it is working enough for cleanup/refactoring.

Simon

21 Jan 2011

Hi Simon I have a Kingston micro SD 2Gb which I bought a couple of days ago. I am using the socket on a CoolComponents board.I used your program but unfortunately received the message

"Hello World! No disk, or could not put SD card in to SPI idle state Didn't get a response from the disk Set 512-byte block timed out Could not open file for write"

from TeraTerm. I'm not sure I would understand the SDFileFileSystem.cpp but I suppose that is where the problem lies. Do you know how I should proceed.Your work on all this is appreciated. /media/uploads/GregMartin/sdcard.jpg

27 Feb 2011

Be sure to try the other SDHCFileSystem (derivative of SDFileSystem) code posted to use larger capacity cards. I've successfully used 8Gb and 16Gb microSD SDHC cards with mbed with this library. Also all the way down to a measly 32Mb (megs, not gigs) too. http://mbed.org/users/xxll/programs/SDHCFileSystem/

/media/uploads/davervw/8gb.jpg /media/uploads/davervw/16gb.jpg /media/uploads/davervw/32mb.jpg

13 Apr 2011

Hello,

I've just tried the latest code of SDCardTest with my FUJI 2GB micro SD and I got the following message:

Hello World! No disk, or could not put SD card in to SPI idle state

As I'm using the RS-EDP adapter module to connect the micro SD card to the LPC1768, I had to use some other pins (p11, p12, p13, p14). That's the only thing I changed.

I also tried the CM-MBED_RS_EDP_SDCARD_Write_Example from the cookbook and I got the same message.

Does anyone know why this card is not working properly? Regards.

/media/uploads/becaCAB/fuji_micro_sd_card_2gb_-_mini_-_adaptor.jpg