HTTP Server with Wifi

14 Mar 2011

I have an RN-171 wifi chip from Roving Networks hooked up to an mbed serial port. I'd like to use the HTTP Server. Anyone have an idea of how to use the HTTP Server with it?

06 Apr 2011

This code might be useful as a starting point:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/arduinowifly/files/

22 May 2013

Hi newt; Have you managed to add HTTP Server to RN-171 ? If so can you give me more details please as I would like to do the same.

30 Aug 2013

HIE I AM DOIN INTERFACING OF WIFI MODULE RN 171 WITH PIC 18F4550 MICROCONTROLLER SO PLEASE CAN YOU PROVIDE ME THE SOURCE CODE THE HARDWARE SETUP IS READY WITH FOUR PINS OF WIFI RX TX VCC AND GND TO PIC MICROCONTROLLER

30 Aug 2013

IM USING MPLAB IDE AND PIC KIT 3 DEBUGGER FOR PROGRAMMING WHAT SHOULD BE THE FURTHER PROCEDURE??

30 Aug 2013

I WANT TO GET INFORMATION FROM A WEB SERVER VIA WIFI MODULE AND GIVE IT TO MICROCONTROLLER WHICH WILL DISPLAY IT ON 7 SEGMENT LED 5 DIGITS...!!

05 Sep 2013

kulkarni, I am interpreting your notes that you are looking at how to use a WiFly module as a client of some other server. If that is the case, take a look at WiflyInterface and part way down the page is HTTPClient_Wifly_HelloWorld. This may be just what you need. Since mbed.org is centered on ARM, you may not get the help you are looking for related to the PIC micro you are using.

Razak, It appears you would like the WiFly module to be an HTTP Server. SmartBoard WiFly may be of interest to you. It starts with the hardware focus, but the bottom half of this page discusses the capabilities and a link to the code to operate a server on the mbed module.