mbed only

23 Nov 2010

I'm sorry but I will ask more information on how to use mbed. Let's suppose I have developped a project which fit my needs.

I will need the mbed library at least : Will I have to pay royalties to use it ?

As I understand I could not neither use the mbed marked components nor the usb disk emulation done by this component ?

If I correctly understand I will have to use only common or self-developped library ?

23 Nov 2010

Hi Pipon,

There are no royalties on the libraries; they are free for commercial and non-commercial use. They are designed primarily for prototyping, but you could use them in a project should they fit your needs given the restrictions (e.g. they are not open-source).

The chip that emulates the disk and programs the microcontroller (the mbed Interface) is only available as part of the mbed product (it is part of what makes mbed, mbed!). But the microcontroller we use (the LPC1768) is available off the shelf from NXP/distributors, and this is where the code you write runs, so you can build an end product out of that.

Thanks! Simon