[betatesting] Opera Support

06 Sep 2010 . Edited: 16 Sep 2010

Is there any progress going on, that the online compiler will support Opera too?

I'm currently working with v10.61 and coding for some days, but with single - step backspace and number insertions everytime you press Alt programming is kinda hard.

06 Sep 2010

Hi Thomas,

We'll certainly investigate adding full opera support. It is almost there, but not an official platform yet.

It was originally omitted as it lacked some key javascript functionality necessary to be able to implement an editor, but that has been fixed since v10 so it is now an option.

Can you:

• Tell us what OS/platform you are running on
  • Describe what you mean by "number insertions every time you press alt", and how to reproduce the problem?
  • Confirm that by "single-step backspace" you mean that there is no key-repeat if you hold down the delete key

Thanks!

Simon

07 Sep 2010 . Edited: 07 Sep 2010

Thanks for your fast response!

I'm working on a WinXP SP2 PC and a Win7 Netbook and the errors occur on both systems.

"number insertions" means everytime i want a bracket like  { (= Alt + 7) the compiler displays 7{

and there's no key-repeat for the backspace key

07 Sep 2010

Thanks Thomas,

So I can capture as much as possible for our ticket to help us reproduce this, can you confirm whether the Alt+7 problem is unique to opera, or whether this happens on other browsers too (i.e. is it an opera or a keyboard map problem).

I'd also be interested if you could tell us whether you are using a keyboard or OS configuration that is not US/UK, in case that is part of the mix.

For now, opera is not an officially supported platform, but we'll fold it in as soon as we can.

Thanks!
Simon

07 Sep 2010 . Edited: 07 Sep 2010

I'm still impressed of the fast and useful responses in this forum! Nice work :)

As I'm from Austria, I'm using the german keyboard configuration on both systems. On the PC is a german WinXP installed but on my netbook I'm using the US configuration.

I just tried Firefox 3.6.8 and there's no Alt+7 problem, maybe I'll try Chrome too.

I just spotted, that there's a new beta version of mbed.org. Do you have any feedback on how it works with Opera?

16 Sep 2010 . Edited: 16 Sep 2010

Hello,

I use Opera 10.61 on WinXP SP3, language Dutch, keyboard US (not international)

I found:

numeric keypad '/' , '*' , '+' , '-' produce double characters

holding an arrowkey, pageup, pagedown produce characters  (ie '%' ,'&', '!')

copy and paste is unreliable. (That's why i started using Chrome for the compiler as long as nessesary.)

Pressing F2 to rename a file opens an Opera dialog AND initiates a rename

All keyboard related it seems.

Greetings,

Art.

16 Sep 2010

Another thing that doesn't seem to work in Opera is "show preview" button in Wiki comments.