[betatesting] Compiler: "Fatal Application Error: Resource object failed to load. Please contact support and describe how you get this message."

15 Sep 2010 . Edited: 15 Sep 2010

"Fatal Application Error: Resource object failed to load.
Please contact support and describe how you get this message."

I'm getting this message every time I import local file into the compiler. Seems to not break anything though.

However, I tried "Import library", and this message shows up. Then the drop-down box in "Target Path:" is empty and "Import" button is grayed out. This prevents any library import whatsoever. Can't use the compiler!

I have quite a number of projects accumulated in my workspace. I was thinking of deleting all to see if it helps, but it will take a long time to backup and restore.

Is there another solution?

15 Sep 2010

Hi Ilya,

Is this on the beta compiler or the live compiler?

Either way, can you try perhaps restarting your browser and/or clearing your browser cache? It may be that your browser has cached some items from the beta compiler and they will not interact well with the normal compiler. If that doesn't work can you confirm whether you have the issue on a different browser or a different PC?

Thanks,

Dan

15 Sep 2010

Hi Dan,

The problem happens in official compiler, not in beta. It consistently happens in Chrome and FireFox (under Windows XP), even after I clear browsing history. Could it be the sheer amount of projects that I have? Or maybe one rogue project that has something corrupted?

--

15 Sep 2010

Ilya - will contact you directly to try and resolve the issue.

Dan

14 Oct 2011

Same error message comes to me, too!

Every I click a program (project) to edit, the program cannot open and then appear the following:

"Fatal Application Error: Resource object failed to load. Please contact support and describe how you get this message."

I tried to use another browser, but same message appear. How can I do for this?

best, Yoji

14 Oct 2011

Hi Yoji,

Check you're not on a beta version of the site (red beta box at top of homepage); we're not running an official beta at the moment, so if you've got it enabled the behaviour is not guaranteed.

If you ensure you are not running with beta enabled, and try clearing the browser cache, if it is still causing you problems then get back to us and we'll investigate.

Simon