Switch between Targets (LPC1768 & LPC2368)

26 May 2011

I'm testing out being able to switch between different target mbeds based off LPC2368 or LPC1768.

After compiling, is there any way of knowing which are compiled for what controller? If not, I would recommend maybe a way of adding additional information in filename to let the user know what target controller it was compiled for.

In a mixed environment, with different targets, this would and could drive someone batty trying to keep track of them. Maybe in ()'s add target controller in the filename. For example, if Hello_World is compiled for LPC2368, the compiler would generate Hello_World (LPC2368).bin. This optional information would only be added when the user's account has multiple targets licensed/key'ed to it. For a user of a single platform, it would not change anything and would keep it simple for them.

Regards,

Kris

26 May 2011

Umm, this is done already, no? I get filenames like "test_LPC1768.bin".

26 May 2011

As with Igor, I too get binaries of the for <project>_LPC1768.bin

I don't have any LPC2368 Mbeds so my compiler only ever gives me the option to build for tatget LPC1768. But still the bin filename shows the variant by appending "_LPC1768" to the project name.

03 Jun 2011

Yep it is already fixed. Please disregard.