ESP8266 driver using the NodeMCU interface
Fork of ESP8266Interface by
This is an alternative implementation of the ESP8266 driver that uses the NodeMCU firmware. The NodeMCU firmware provides a slightly larger feature set than the default firmware through a Lua interpreter.
This library is currently in Alpha. It is not feature complete and has some bugs, proceed with caution. Fixes and patches are welcome!
- SSID and passphrase moved out of ESP8266Interface constructor and to ESP8266Interface::connect
- ESP8266Interface constructor provides optional timeout parameter to specify how long to wait for network operations
NodeMCU defaults to a baud rate of 9600 instead of 115200 used by the default firmware.
To install the NodeMCU firmware, follow the instructions on the Firmware Update wiki page using the nodemcu_integer_0.9.6-dev_20150406.bin binary at address 0x00000 instead of boot_v1.1.bin and user1.bin.
Since the NodeMCU firmware defaults to a baud rate of 9600, the Serial Passthrough program can be used to get direct access to the Lua interpreter running on the ESP8266.
- TCP Client
- UDP Client Transmit (Currently only UDP Server can recieve messages)
- Single Connection at a time
- Station Mode (Connects to AP)
- DNS Lookups
To be implemented:
- TCP Server
- UDP Server
- UDP Client recieve
- Multiple Connections tracked through Lua variables
- AP Mode (Act as access point)
- IPV6 support (Existing issue with NodeMCU)