The NuMaker Platform is an Internet of Things (IoT) application focused platform specially developed by Nuvoton. It supports ARM mbed OS 5.0 as well as Arduino interface, and is ideal for arrays of IoT application development for prototype development designs with sensors and wireless modules.
Table of Contents
The NuMaker-PFM-M453 is also equipped with plenty of peripheral devices, such as timers, watchdog timers, RTC, PDMA, UART, SPI, I²C, I²S, PWM, GPIO, CAN, 12-bit ADC, analog comparator, temperature sensor, low voltage reset controller and brown-out detector. The NuMaker-PFM-M453 also supports USB 2.0 FS device/host/OTG. The NuMaker-PFM-M453 has been designed by Nuvoton in collaboration with mbed for prototyping all sorts of devices, especially those requiring the size and excellent price performance ratio offered by Cortex-M4®. It is packaged as a development board with connectors to break out to strip board and breadboard.
The NuMaker-PFM-M453 Features¶
- M453VG6AE MCU
- ARM® Cortex®-M4F core running up to 72 MHz
- Supports DSP extension
- 256 Kbytes Flash memory
- 32 Kbytes embedded SRAM
- SPI (3)
- I²C (2)
- I²S (2)
- UART (5)
- USB FS OTG/Host
- ADC (16 x 12-bit with mux)
- DAC (12-bit)
- 2 user buttons, RGB LED
- I²S Audio codec
- MPU6500 6-axis MEMS sensor
- Arduino pin expansion header
- CAN Bus
- RS485 Bus
- Integrated Nu-Link-Me USB debugger/emulator with debug out functionality
- Supports mbed drag-and-drop programming and virtual COM port
Windows serial port driver
- NuMaker USB Driver(includes Nu-Link ) Download
- NuMaker ICE firmware upgrade (v6674r) Download
DAP Link Interface Firmware Update
The Nuvoton mbed PFM boards is fitted with an NUC12SRE3DE MCU running the DAPLink interface firmware to provide three main functions over a single physical USB connection.
- USB disk “drag and drop” programming – ideal for fast prototyping or in-field upgradable products.
- Debug interface using the NU-Link – provides full debug capability with tools like Keil MDK.
- USB serial interface between the host computer and the target.
2017-01-11 Download the one-click firmware update package (v6593b). Fixes issues with Windows 8.1 / Windows 10 / Linux / MacOS.
2017-12-28 Download the one-click firmware update package (v6674r). Fixes "firmware binary should disappear after copy to Mbed drive" issue.
Location of MASS jumper on NuMaker-NUC453-PFM board:
- Download the one-click firmware update package.
- Remove MASS jumper.
- Connect the USB port to Windows PC.
- Extract the downloaded package to a directory then open the directory.
- Click update.bat to execute the batch file. A new DOS window will open and update the firmware automatically.
- When done, press a key to exit the window.
- Un-plug the USB cable and install the MASS jumper.