Table of Contents
This content relates to a deprecated version of Mbed
Mbed 2 is now deprecated. For the latest version please see the Mbed OS documentation.
This page is a historical record of some of the important mbed.org development milestones.
- Improvements to /code/ including sorting by many more factors
Complete version control support now added.
Incremental compiler beta release.
This is a mbed compiler update which brings several performance improvements, the main one being a large improvement in the speed of compiling larger programs. Files are now only compiled if they have been modified since the last compilation of that program.
- Version control beta release. This is phase 1 of 3 of our version control roadmap. More details here and in the video:
- Import wizard improvements
- Usual relatively minor bugfixes and improvements
Version control alpha preview
- Forum and notebooks move to new wiki markup system
- Relationship engine - shows which libraries are used by which published programs, which wiki pages link to which programs, etc.
- Scoring system to allow high quality content (including programs, notebooks, wiki pages) to 'float' to the top of result listings
- Compiler supports improved Find
- Compiler print support
- Bugfixes, speed improvements, layout improvements
You can try the beta at /betamode.
Beta feedback is very welcome in the forum.
- User-created library support
August 2010 (blog entry)¶
- You can now see the code of published projects
- Published projects come with Doxygen powered documentation
- The documentation of published projects is integrated within the mbed wikis
June 2010 (blog entry)¶
- New wiki engine created
- Cookbook moved to new engine
April 2010 (blog entry)¶
- New compiler import wizard
- Listing of published programs within the compiler
- Published program versioning
- Program memory usage display
- Many bugfixes to compiler, especially regarding support on Mac platforms
March 2010 (blog entry)¶
- Private messages
February 2010 (blog entry)¶
- Version 1.0 of published library support
- Compiler bugfixes
January 2010 (blog entry)¶
- Multiple forum support
- Forum now tracks which posts you have read
- You now have the option of auto-subscribing to topics/pages you comment on - found in your Account Settings area
- Added RSS feeds for just about everything
- Activity area now split by type
- Reformatted date display on the site so the dates are useful regardless of local timezone
- Several other bugfixes and behind the scenes improvements/changes.
November 2009 (blog entry)¶
- User homepages
- User profiles
- Activity stream
November 2009 (blog entry)¶
- Notebook support added
September 2009 (blog entry¶
- Site search engine
- Image uploads
- mbed moves to new servers
- Backend improvements & restructuring
- mbed moves from mbed.co.uk to mbed.org
- Multiple board target support
July 2009 (blog entry)¶
Improvements to compiler support for:
- Firefox 2 and 3 on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Mac OS X and Linux
- Internet Explorer 6 and 7 on Windows XP and Windows Vista
May 2009 (blog entry¶
- Handbook & Cookbook created
May 2009 (blog entry)¶
- Compiler speed improvements
- Import from desktop
- "Find" within a file (click the find button, or hit ctrl-F)
- "Clone" projects and "Save As.." files (i.e. replicate them)
- Increased file import size limit (was causing things to fail to import)