Table of Contents
Mbed OS 2 and Mbed OS 5
This is the handbook for Mbed OS 2. If you’re working with Mbed OS 5, please see the new handbook.
We are looking for a skilled front-end web developer to lead client-side design and development of our technical website and web applications.
We are building an open source software platform and ecosystem that will enable tens of thousands of professional developers to create the “Things” in the coming Internet of Things revolution. We support this with online tools and web infrastructure (http://mbed.org) that brings a step-change in productivity for these developers, enabling them to concentrate on developing remarkable intelligent and connected products in record time. They are working on building the next generation of devices that will power and define the world around us, for smart buildings and smart cities to wearables, toys and gadgets.
You will help design and implement the website workflows and application features that allow these embedded developers to work effectively and collaborate with the rest of community they are among.
We are a small multi-skilled group working in an emerging area, so you will be expected to take a full and active role in the team and our decisions.
You will have designed for web applications with substantial UI/UX requirements, and understand how to determine the best workflows for technical users to achieve their goals and introduce new functionality.
Essential Skills and Experience¶
- Experience creating the front-end of dynamic web applications, working with backend REST/Webocket APIs and developers using frameworks like Django/Python or Rails/Ruby
- Application and feature workflow design and UX prototyping
- Wireframing and UI design (Balsamiq etc)
- Design skills and/or proven ability to work with designers
- Implementation Testing (e.g. Selenium, cross-browser testing)
Bonus Skills (any welcome)¶
- Backend development (e.g. Django/Python)
- Client-side frameworks and communication (e.g. socket.io, backbone.js, angular.js)
- Graphic Design
- User testing
- You should find this funny: http://tinyurl.com/css-is-awesome
In your job application, you should provide links to a portfolio and sites/code you have worked on wherever possible.
The position is based in Cambridge, UK, reporting to the web technical lead.
Email us at email@example.com