Table of Contents
This content relates to a deprecated version of Mbed
Mbed 2 is now deprecated. For the latest version please see the Mbed OS documentation.
The latest firmware version is 141212. To check your firmware version, open the MBED.HTM file on your mbed Microcontroller.
These instructions explain how to upgrade your firmware.
Data loss warning
Firmware updates may format the mbed Microcontroller drive
If you need to keep anything on the mbed Microcontroller disk, make sure you save it somewhere first!
1. Save the latest firmware to the mbed Microcontroller¶
2. Power-cycle the board to update the firmware¶
To update the firmware, power-cycle the board by disconnecting and reconnecting the power (USB lead). After power-cycling the board, there will be a short pause as the firmware is updated, and then the mbed Microcontroller should appear as normal.
rev 141212 [ download... ]
- Added CMSIS-DAP support
rev 21164 [ download... ]
- Added support for LPC11U24
rev 16457 [ download... ]
- Unified firmware update for LPC1768 and LPC2368 boards
- Improved programming and semihosting performance
- LocalFileSystem disk now released to PC when mbed has no files open (used to only happen on program exit)
- Removed special Windows "mbed.ini" mode requirement
- Serial mode now works on windows without modification using new serial installer
- Fix bootcode problem (was causing virus false-positives on some systems)
- Updated MBED.HTM to new format
- Support for LocalFileSystem
- Serial performance improvements
- Support for Mac and Linux PC serial by default - No configuration needed!
- Support for a new Windows PC serial driver (Windows serial configuration)
- Other minor updates
- Initial Beta Release
revisions < 12249
- Early releases