Table of Contents
The latest firmware version for the FRDM-KL25Z is: 0243. To check your firmware version, open the MBED.HTM file on your mbed Microcontroller.
These instructions explain how to upgrade your firmware.
1. Save the latest firmware in bootloader mode¶
While holding down the small button between the USB connectors, plug the Freedom board into the connector marked SDA - the bottom one as shown.
When the FRDM-KL25Z is plugged in this way, it will appear as a disk called BOOTLOADER which you can simply copy the update file (firmware.s19) onto.
Bootloader Firmware update for Linux, Mac, Windows8+
If you are using Linux or Mac or Windows 8+, according to the version of the bootloader of your board, the BOOTLOADER might not appear. If you experience this problem, you have no choice but to use a Windows 7 or older machine to update the firmware.
PE Micro has release an update for the bootloader. Version 1.11+ now supports Linux and MAC [ here ]. Please update your board for cross platform support.
The latest mbed interface upgrade file for the FRDM-KL25Z is :
If you are still experiencing problems after updating the bootloader try updating the mbed interface application via the link above.
2. Power cycle the board to update the firmware¶
After you have copied on the file onto the FRDM-KL25Z, simply unplug it, and plug it back in again, and the the USB disk will appear and an mbed disk.
rev 0203 [ ... ]
- USBDevice stack patches for composite (CDC / MSC) race condition
- Flash algorithms created from new Kinetis flash driver source
- Mass-erase cannot be disabled and flash security enabled cannot be set (MSD programming only fails reserved bits for these conditions)
- UART serialization patch
- Semihosting not enabled by default
- Updated mass erase sequence
rev 0201 [ ... ]
- Update for Windows 8.1 support
rev 0200 [ ... ]
- Initial release
- Added CMSIS-DAP support