mbed,eclipse and Ti's TM4C123GXL

27 Mar 2014

I have made a question an a member gave me some answers for this but probably i was not very clear. Is there a way to work with mbed sdk, eclipse and tm4c123glx board? Is there a guide to install mbed to eclipse and not to export a program from the online compiler? is there a guide that talk about boards with same microcontroller but not the ones that mbed has in its database? I saw a webinar that mbed had with Ti before some days but know i have started to recognize that mbed works only with the preinstalled boards and not with all the IDE. PLz any solution?

27 Mar 2014

This was my original response:

Quote:

The mbed-src lib with it is the complete source code of all mbed devices. But you cannot just use it with another board, it lacks the source code for that board. It doesn't automatically work with completely different peripherals.

The mbed libs work out of the box with the boards they are intended for. They work with none to very little adjustments on other boards with the same microcontrollers and no special stuff (at most you need to modify the clock setup). They work with little adjustments on different microcontrollers from the same series (LPC11u24 and LPC11u35 for example): Mainly some memory stuff needs to be modified. Then you got different microcontrollers from the same manufacturer. For them a complete new target needs to be added, but generally manufacturers re-use many peripherals, so you can re-use the code for them.

Finally you got a completely different microcontroller from a different manufacturer, and that's what you got. And then everything has to be written starting at zero.

Boards with the same microcontroller as one of the boards mbed has in its database work in principle without issues, where at most some clock settings have to change because of another crystal. But there are no TI microcontrollers supported by mbed currently.