Deleted project

21 Dec 2009

Would I be right that if you accidently delete a mbed project within the compiler environment - then its gone forever! :-(

After 8 hours of programming - I'm trying to remain calm!!!!!!

21 Dec 2009

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately if you delete (and confirm deletion) of a program, it is indeed deleted!

We are looking at introducing version control to programs in the coming year, but this would not prevent deletion.

We are looking at ways to prevent accidental deletion,  is having a 'Trash bin' type model, where deleted items are moved into a Trash folder where they are only finally deleted after a set amount of time has passed. This is something we may look into in the future, depending on interest.

Dan

03 Mar 2011

Consider me interested.

After renaming a few files and accidentally deleting the entire file in the process, I'm never doing editing again using the browser. All my editing will now be done locally, and copied to the clouds. Too painful the other way.

01 Sep 2016

Same here. After over 1 day of work I've considered to delete any junk file in my project. I accidentally deleted everything. No commit was done that day, despite the fact that every single day for over 3-4 years I never slipped into that zone.

02 Jan 2017

After working on my project for one month .. Today, mbed straggled in compiling, importing projects ..etc. This made me to make a BIG mistake and I deleted my project totally..

So, it is a really bad day for me .. This is not good for mbed. You cannot work locally ... You cannot use other editor .. you can't and you can't ..etc Please help in fixing this problem. At least give the opportunity to undelete during the same day. There must be somewhere a backup on your server.

20 Mar 2018

i cannot remove the files its very irritating to work finally i delete my whole project. please make it good