mbed as Airplay / Airtunes receiver to act as remote iTunes "speakers"

20 Sep 2011

I have what I believe would be a really cool idea for the mbed: to implement the iTunes-compatible Airplay "speakers" protocol allowing you to stream audio from your Mac/PC/iPhone/iPod/iPad to the mbed ==> DAC ==> audio out (plus a cool LCD readout of what song is playing...

What would be required as far as programming is to implement the Airplay protocol as a receiver (C source code for this exists in the open source shairport or shairport4w projects) - which requires RSA encryption functionality, UDP networking (over Ethernet to start maybe), Bonjour networking, not to mention probably a little buffering of the incoming audio, parsing the embedded track name/artist, and the DAC out.

I don't think I have the experience required to do this on my own so I was wondering if anyone would be interested in participating in a little group effort. Maybe somebody with experience can tell me right from the start that the mbed isn't powerful enough for such an adventure, but I'm not 100% certain that is the case...

Thoughts anyone?

29 Jul 2015

I want to do it !!

29 Jul 2015

/media/uploads/arm51avr/img_2511.jpg

I use Arduino realized Bonjour