Compiler niggles

25 May 2009

This is a thread to record my niggles with the compiler.

I have 1 which I've already reported to Chris Styles, and that is a blank error which seems to be always shown first in the list. This has happened with Firefox and IE6. Anyone else see this?

Also It would be nice if the compiler/ file store showed the last save date against your source files.

More to come

JF

26 May 2009

Hi John,

Good idea for a thread! I'd welcome anyone to add to this.

I have 1 which I've already reported to Chris Styles, and that is a blank error which seems to be always shown first in the list. This has happened with Firefox and IE6. Anyone else see this?

Would you be able to provide a reproducable example? i.e. select/create a project demonstrating this behaviour, then export it to a zip.

For now, probably just upload it to the cookbook svn under "compiler-tests" or something and link to it in a forum post; we'll perhaps aim to allow the forum to post files directly in the future.

Thanks,

Simon

26 May 2009 . Edited: 26 May 2009

I have my ongoing BASIC interpreter project which can be seen on my website http://j-s-f.co.uk/CompilerNiggles.zip

(I will learn how to upload stuff to SVN when I have got time.)

I have done nothing to pare it down to a minimum.

At line 223 I have commented out a BusOut declaration, which seems to cause the problem.

Putting in another error at line 2 pushes all the errors down so you can see the offending error.

Hey - this is a workround!

26 May 2009

New Niggle.

In the source editor, when you type CtlF and type in the new search string, it gets appended to the old search string. - I don't like this functionality - I prefer for the old search string to be overwritten.

This is because the search text box is not selected (highlighted) by the Ctl-F as it is in other well known M*cr*s*ft editors.

Please can you highlight the old search string on Ctl-F?

Thanks

John F

10 Jun 2009

Hi,

We've just put a new revison of the compiler live. This should fix the issue you were having with "a blank error which seems to be always shown first in the list".

Also, the find feature now highlights the old search string as you requested. This was a good idea, and it works much better now, thanks.

There are also some other bugfixes rolled in which should squish a few bugs we found hiding about some of the functions. Remember to report any other bugs you find to us.

Thanks to Luben and Rolf for their fixes and testing!

Simon

10 Feb 2011

Hello,

I notice that the compiler shows the date modified for the files in a project. However, the format of this date is not consistent and clicking on the [Modified] tab does not result in a useful sort of date. Specifically, you cannot click [Modified] and get a sort of files from newest to oldest or the reverse. The sort results are a mystery to me.

Is there a configuration adjustment somewhere that I can set the date modified to stay consistent and that would support a sort?

Terry B