pop3 library

01 Feb 2011

What about some small samples using the pop3 and tcplinestream libs from Hendrik Lipka ?

02 Feb 2011

For POP3, I added a notbook page here. For TCPLineStream, one can look at the pop3 library source code (but I will add an example also).

02 Feb 2011

Added another page for the TcpLineStream library.

03 Feb 2011

Thanks Hendrik. voy

03 Feb 2011

Oops. To be honest i don't think that this library is really reliable. Mostly the mbed system hangs and reset doesn't work. You have to download the program once again to the mbed. Or am i doing somethind completly wrong?

03 Feb 2011

I have experienced this only with the old mbed base library (my malloc problem). With version 27 I have never seen real hangs, except when network initialization doesn't work, or when the server doesn't answer to the TCP request.

The latter problem happens quite often, but then init() will end with a timeout and return false - and you need to handle this.

03 Feb 2011

One thing to note is that you need to make sure the program has downloaded completely to the mbed. On Linux, a 'sync' might help.

03 Feb 2011

I have checked the proper reaction of my mailserver with a Delphi Telnet program where i can also set the request rate. The server answers prompt to every request even at a very high request rate. I am taking care of the Init() function. But this works perfect. The "hanger" is within the if(r) section. Could it be in the getMessage() or is it the deleting of the objects which does not return properly?

03 Feb 2011

Can you find out a little bit more about where this error happens? Is it a specific POP3 library function?

I have tested this library only with my own POP3 server (which is called 'solidpop3d'), where everything works. I have avoided anything to do with umlauts or special character encodings, though.

When you want to debug this, the best place might be the TcpLineStream, where you can print all lines which are send and received.

Please note that I'm on vacation starting tomorrow evening, so I will not be able to help you :(

03 Feb 2011

Okay Hendrik. Wish you happy holidays. Give a sign when you are back.

Have fun.

voy

13 Feb 2011

I somehow managed staying alive during my skiing experiments, and now I'm wondering whether you are able to solve your issues?

14 Feb 2011

To be honest i was also absent and on a business trip abroad and had no time to work on my problem. But i'll pick it up again as soon as i find my mbed board. The latest work was done on a pop3/smtp client using an Arduino board which just gave me an info that there was some mail for me from the mbed forum. Just for for your info the mailserver am working with is "GMX". Before i forget it, thanks for your life sign.