InterruptIn causes crash

01 Feb 2011

Hello all, I'll jump straight in to the problem.

I've tried creating an InterruptIn for pins 11, 12, and 29, and each one gives the same result. Everything runs fine unless I call the rise method. It's not as simple as just stopping immediately though, the code actually runs for a few more lines before failing (the code it reaches is unrelated to the interrupt). When it fails it doesn't trigger a useful fault, it just stops dead. If I remove the call to rise then everything is fine.

I was initially suspecting some bad playing with pointers, but I can't see anywhere for that to happen. I can't really post the code as it is quite long and involved, but I'm not sure if the behaviour will occur with a simpler test case.

Has anyone else seen this occur?

01 Feb 2011

This may or may not actually be related to InterruptIn, see here: http://mbed.org/forum/mbed/topic/433/?page=1#comment-8774

01 Feb 2011

Can you publish your programs so we can actually look at the code? Rather hard to debug something from a few descriptive lines of text :) Hit the publish program (don't need to check the make public checkbox) but post a link to your projects here.