Mbed+Bluetooth+VB

10 Jan 2011

Hi, im using bluetooth module bluegiga WT12. And i installed it on my laptop, the device is using COM7.

I made simple code in visual basic to send char "1" to the mbed via bluetooth. When i press button to send, the bluetooth ask for pairing code, i check on internet and many ppl says that is "1234" , but it get's error.

Any1 knows if i need a dll or something to make this connection??

Thanks

18 Jan 2011

Hi Chaud

I've also just started playing with the Bluegiga WT12. I havn't done much with it but I have been able to make it act as serial over bluetooth connection. I also saw many references to the pairing code being 1234, but I couldn't get it to work either. It appears that you need to set the pairing code by sending (over the wired serial link) to the WT12 the command:

SET BT AUTH * 1234\r\n

I haven't actually connected it up to mbed yet but I used a FTDI converter to connect the WT12s serial port to a terminal. Once I'd set the pin code as above I could then pair my laptop via a bluetooth dongle with the WT12 and create a serial port. I could then send characters from one terminal window to the other via bluetooth!

So if you send the commands above from mbed to set up the pin code, you should then be able to pair (using 1234 as the code) and connect your computer to the WT12 serial port and it will act just like a serial connection.

You can see the iWrap user guide which explains the communication here: http://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Wireless/Bluetooth/iWRAP3_User_Guide.pdf

pg 14 has the serial port connection details, its baud rate is: 115200bps, and the command I used was from pg27.

Michael