mbed with MDK-ARM

07 Jan 2011 . Edited: 08 Jan 2011

http://www.keil.com/appnotes/files/apnt207.pdf

I tried this app note and i am a bit disappointed. The limitation of the free system is only 32 MB. The system does not react on sdcard file system nor does it work with with any usb connection.

Any comments ????

08 Jan 2011

I use MDK-ARM for all my mbed development and have been able to do anything with it that I have been able to do with the mbed.org compiler.

Could you please clarify your problems?

09 Jan 2011

Hi Jamie,

good to find somebody who could explain me some errors. I am working with the cool components Workshop Dev. Board 2.

With µVision4 I tried to compile a program using a SDCard which is working perfect  with the online compiler. I have included some pics to show you what the result is. Maybe you can help me. Thanks.

09 Jan 2011

Hi voy,

The errors are all about missing FATFileSystem class.

Have you included FATFileSystem.ar library in your project?

09 Jan 2011 . Edited: 09 Jan 2011

Hi IIian,

Thanks for the fast answer. I had not included the .ar lib. After including i got the following result.

Must i remove all other .h files or what am i doing wrong?

09 Jan 2011

Looks like you included it as a regular source file (which it is not), and MDK-ARM recognizes it as an assembly source.

Instead, you should include it as a linker option ('Project' -> 'Options for Target ...' -> 'Linker'). I think Simon Ford has posted an example project 'hello-world'; you can look inside it for sample settings.

09 Jan 2011

Hi IIian,

that was the mistake. Working now. Think I was a bit confused. But i still will try to find the post of Simon. Thank you.