IDE hang ?

18 Nov 2009

I've just had bit of a bobble from the IDE. After coding away happily for an hour or so, I found that the Save and Compile buttons suddenly didn't work.

I could navigate around my projects, change code, and so on, so it wasn't entirely hung. The progress bar in the bottom right was in a half-full state.

My changes were minor, so I was happy to lose them. I clicked on 'Compiler' in another window, saw a 'do you want to navigate away, youhave unsaved changes' warning, then the IDE fired up again and all was well.

So, no harm done, but all a bit unsettling.

Richard

18 Nov 2009

Hi Richard,

Richard Sewell wrote:
I've just had bit of a bobble from the IDE. After coding away happily for an hour or so, I found that the Save and Compile buttons suddenly didn't work.

Thanks for the report. If you see it again, please report anything you can identify about what you may have been doing etc. We'll look out for it too...

I particularly like the phrase "bobble from the IDE".

Simon

18 Nov 2009

Will do. My machine was quite busy at the time, which could be relevant.

15 Oct 2010

I'm pretty new, but was writing and testing happily. Compiled many versions of my program, saved the executable to the mbed flash memory and ran. After clicking 'compile' the save and save-all buttons go grey, so I assumed my code was safe on the IDE server. But when I came back to it later, most of the new code was gone and a much older version was left. Has anyone seen this and know how to guard against it? Is there a backup on the web server to recover lost code like this? Thanks.