Which Boards may I to use for powerline comunication in house?

17 Mar 2018

Hi to all, nice to meet you, I'm a engineering student from Italy. I would like to make a system that control current absorption in my house, using mbed OS and Arm-Boards. I should to implement a system for my first level thesis . I would like to make a system that use the powerLine Comunication to control all the appliances. Professor said me, that I may to make a study about PLC (powerLine Comunication) and make an experence with mbed OS. I don't know mbed OS. I had experiences about Arduino in past, but I never use mbed OS.

Someone kindly could help me? thank you

17 Mar 2018

The point is that you need PLC tranceivers which is very available in the market, after that you need to investigate that transceivers about the communication protocol (uart,spi,ethernet,etc) and the installation(how to connect them together). If you sucess, then you can do your PLC project with any microcontroller board, arduino or mbed boards, just like working with many other module. You can google about some PLC transceivers and buy them easily.

Hope my opinion can help you.

20 Mar 2018

Hello, together, have problems with the online compiler. With the Progrmmieren he has no function more. Who can help? many greetings Wogi