Loading program results in a fail.txt file with content "INVALID BINARY NVIC"

06 Nov 2014

I am using the FRDM-K22F board and the online compiler on a Mac running OS X 10.9.5. I installed the mbed firmware on my board and then proceeded to load some programs in it such as blinky, hello world, etc... I am downloading the program from the online compiler and then drag and drop to the mbed disk.

The problem is that I get a fail.txt error which contains "INVALID BINARY NVIC" in the mbed disk. How can I solve this problem? I believe the programs are not loading because I am not getting anything from Serial. The green light does blink when I type something in my computer which means Serial com. is not the problem.

06 Nov 2014

Is the compiler set to the correct platform? FRDM-K22F should be shown in the top right of the compiler page, if not click on the platform that is there and change it to the correct one.

06 Nov 2014

Yes, it is set to the FRDM-K22F

07 Nov 2014

Found the issue. The problem is that the online compiler's hello world sample program sets the baud rate differently than the K22F serial configuration. If you change the line 36 to 9600 it will work.

04 Oct 2015

Hello, I know it's been almost a year since you wrote this, but I could really use some help! eum c, how did you get your FRDM K22F working with your Mac? I have a Mac and I want to use the online compiler, but my Mac isn't recognizing the board. It shows up under Disk Utility, but not in the Finder as a regular USB device. It's definitely MBED-enabled, too. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!