Error

18 Jun 2015

When i export the code from mbed compiler to keil4 version then i am getting error as mbed/TARGET_LPC4088/TOOLCHAIN_ARM_STD/LPC407X_8X.sct: error: L6047U: The size of this image (271232 bytes) exceeds the maximum allowed for this version of the linker what does it mean and how to overcome this error can anyone answer me.

18 Jun 2015

Buy the full version of uVision. You are using the trial version which has a size limitation.

16 Nov 2016

Hi Erik,

I have been struggling for a year with the mbed system...

I have got use to and my code has become quite robust inside mbed2.0 online. now close to 128k of program space.

but now over the last 2 days, I am working toward the offline solution, but there are two main issues now.

1. can_nucleo has been commented out now but I would like to get this going again.

Link: v11 Fatal error: L6050U: The code size of this image (103060 bytes) exceeds the maximum allowed for this version of the linker. Finished: 0 information, 0 warning, 0 error and 1 fatal error messages. [ERROR] Fatal error: L6050U: The code size of this image (103060 bytes) exceeds the maximum allowed for this version of the linker. Finished: 0 information, 0 warning, 0 error and 1 fatal error messages. but this is mbed OS, I thought there is no limitation on the code size...

thanks in advance,

Nick.

16 Nov 2016

- - libpath "C:/Keil_v5/ARM/ARMCC/lib" -o "./.build/NUCLEO_F072RB/ARM/v11.elf" ...........

how can I point to the mbedOS compiler ?arm-none-eabi-gcc-5.3.1

checking PATH this is one element of the PATH C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU Tools ARM Embedded\5.3 2016q1\bin; is this the one ?

C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU Tools ARM Embedded\5.3 2016q1\bin\arm-none-eabi-gcc-5.3.1 seems to be the one I want.

where do I set the linker path in mbedOS ?

this was exported to a Keilv5 target, this is why it is set to run the KeilV5 compiler. This is why I have the error. "exceeds the maximum allowed for this version arm.py has the libpath there are two of them... the last one updated is under mbed-os\tools\toolchains wow, I cant adjust that... maybe I should uninstall the KeilV5 to force this arm.py to use the other compiler. it that the solution ?

Thanks in advance.

16 Nov 2016

Finally, I can compile but now the code size is too large for the target :(

the problem above was solved by adjusting the MBED-CLI command to;

Mbed compile -t GCC_ARM -m NUCLEO_F072RB - - profile mbed-os/tools/profiles/small.json

Even with this small profile the code still does not fit, approx 150% of the original size. (approx 50k has been added.)

This code was running on mbed2.0 onine,

Now exported to GCC_ARM and unzipped into the \v12\ folder

How can I fix this new issue ? (the flash size in the .Id file is correctly 128k and ram 16k)

ie. (inside a VENV Yotta shell)

(workspace) C:\workspace\v12>mbed compile -t GCC_ARM -m NUCLEO_F072RB --profile mbed-os/tools/profiles/small.json
Building project v12 (NUCLEO_F072RB, GCC_ARM)
Scan: .
Scan: FEATURE_BLE
Scan: FEATURE_COMMON_PAL
Scan: FEATURE_LWIP
Scan: FEATURE_UVISOR
Scan: FEATURE_LOWPAN_BORDER_ROUTER
Scan: FEATURE_LOWPAN_HOST
Scan: FEATURE_LOWPAN_ROUTER
Scan: FEATURE_NANOSTACK
Scan: FEATURE_NANOSTACK_FULL
Scan: FEATURE_THREAD_BORDER_ROUTER
Scan: FEATURE_THREAD_END_DEVICE
Scan: FEATURE_THREAD_ROUTER
Scan: FEATURE_STORAGE
Scan: mbed
Scan: env
Link: v12
c:/yotta/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.9.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: ./.build/NUCLEO_F072RB/GCC_ARM/v12.elf section `.text' will not fit in region `FLASH'
c:/yotta/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.9.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: ./.build/NUCLEO_F072RB/GCC_ARM/v12.elf section `.bss' will not fit in region `RAM'
c:/yotta/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.9.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: region RAM overflowed with stack
c:/yotta/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.9.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: region `FLASH' overflowed by 46424 bytes
c:/yotta/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.9.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: region `RAM' overflowed by 352 bytes
./.build/NUCLEO_F072RB/GCC_ARM/Cairo_V10-072_GCC_ARM/main.o: In function `main':
main.cpp:(.text.startup.main+0x6c): undefined reference to `Init_Usart2()'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
[ERROR] c:/yotta/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.9.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: ./.build/NUCLEO_F072RB/GCC_ARM/v12.elf section `.text' will not fit in region `FLASH'
c:/yotta/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.9.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: ./.build/NUCLEO_F072RB/GCC_ARM/v12.elf section `.bss' will not fit in region `RAM'
c:/yotta/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.9.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: region RAM overflowed with stack
c:/yotta/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.9.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: region `FLASH' overflowed by 46424 bytes
c:/yotta/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.9.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: region `RAM' overflowed by 352 bytes
./.build/NUCLEO_F072RB/GCC_ARM/Cairo_V10-072_GCC_ARM/main.o: In function `main':
main.cpp:(.text.startup.main+0x6c): undefined reference to `Init_Usart2()'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

[mbed] ERROR: "python" returned error code 1.
[mbed] ERROR: Command "python -u C:\workspace\v12\mbed-os\tools\make.py -t GCC_ARM -m NUCLEO_F072RB --source . --build .\.build\NUCLEO_F072RB\GCC_ARM --profile mbed-os/tools/profiles/small.json" in "C:\workspace\v12"