USBHID

06 Apr 2010

Hi,

I am trying to get the USBHID example to compile but the compiler is moaning that a file is missing.

"Cannot open source input file "nvic_api.h": No such file or directory (E5)" in file "/USBHID/usbdc.cpp"

Can anyone help?

Thanks. Mike.

07 Apr 2010

Simon had a USBHID mouse example, maybe he could share the code.

07 Apr 2010

Hi Michael,

Try this:

USBMouse

The main change is I removed #include "nvic_api.h" as it is no longer needed; the NVIC was slightly reworked a while back and the old NVIC_Vector() function is now replaced by NVIC_SetVector() and NVIC_GetVector() to allow dynamic vectors as well as static. Hopefully this should get you going.

Simon

09 Apr 2010
Simon Ford wrote:

Hi Michael,

Try this:

USBMouse

The main change is I removed #include "nvic_api.h" as it is no longer needed; the NVIC was slightly reworked a while back and the old NVIC_Vector() function is now replaced by NVIC_SetVector() and NVIC_GetVector() to allow dynamic vectors as well as static. Hopefully this should get you going.

Simon

Cheers Simon, Imported it and it won't let me see or play with the USBHID libs!

I want to try and get something like NXP's HID CDC Virtual comport demo working on the mBed. As I am about to go from prototype to product I am trying to reduce my component count as much as possible, to do this I don't want to have to use a FTDI232 ic or similar when the LPC1768 already has hardware onboard to make this possible. This way we can also use our own vendor and product ID's (without the need for even more components).

I have managed to compile an example for the LPC1768 using Keil that creates a VCP and echo's anything back on UART, I have had no sucsess in getting the example to work with the mbed compiler.

I assume the "magic chip" on the mBed uses some similar code to create a VCP?

Mike.

12 Apr 2011

have you found out how to make Basic USB HID Device ? Not a mouse or key board.

I have been searching for ages !!!

I have tried a couple of times to compare the difference between PIC18F4550 Basic HID Device code, but too many differences.

Cheers Ceri