Has Anybody Got a HTTP Server Working?

26 Nov 2009

I want to used mbed to create a heating controller containing an embedded web server. The basic requirement is to be able to vary on/off times remotely, if for example, I have to work late.

I have monitored the forum since I received my mbed 2 weeks ago. The numerous postings of problems with the various HTTP servers astounds me. In particular, I thought lwIP was stable, working software.

This leads me to the question, has anybody got a HTTP server working on mbed?

Paul

26 Nov 2009 . Edited: 26 Nov 2009

Paul Griffith wrote:

I want to used mbed to create a heating controller containing an embedded web server. The basic requirement is to be able to vary on/off times remotely, if for example, I have to work late.

I have monitored the forum since I received my mbed 2 weeks ago. The numerous postings of problems with the various HTTP servers astounds me. In particular, I thought lwIP was stable, working software.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Yes, I got the example working last night - it seems you need to waste a bit of time in the while loop of the example HTTPServer code. Since I haven't had time to write some code to do anything useful yet, I inserted a 10ms wait :-)

See this post: here

27 Nov 2009 . Edited: 27 Nov 2009

Hi Paul,

Paul Griffith wrote:

Sounds like an awesome project.

Paul Griffith wrote:

Well yes, but not the port. Furthermore the most people using lwip using it on top of an RTOS and therefore they use a different API. The HTTPServer is my homebrewed project. Therefore it might work not that perfect. But in the last four weeks, I get more and more "tester/user" and it really helps to debug.

Paul Griffith wrote:

Yes, it works for me ;-) I have an mbed in front of me with an JavaScript page on the HTTPServer to control it and it's now running for longer than 72h. The last time I was testing it was failing after 9h. It's still serving pages and answering RPC requests from Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer.

But as you might know caused by the fact that I made the port and the library on top. I'm pretty good in working around my own bugs/features even if I don't want to. So I need the helping hand of people who test it like you or Ilya or Dan or all the others, thank you a lot.

By the way have you seen http://mbed.org/esc/ the twitter reading fish? It was made with the HTTPClient.

Cheers

Rolf

02 Apr 2010 . Edited: 02 Apr 2010

I also manage to work with the web server. And yes, you have to put a delay in the while section…